Wednesday, November 3, 2010

"How I Met My Husband" Alice Munro

When looking at Chris Watters as a potential husband for Edie, I feel that he would never satisfy her needs. He's not ready to settle down; he's always on the move. I got the sense that there were many more Alice Kelling's around the world that thought they were one day going to marry Chris. He seems like the "player" type that makes empty promises that he knows he'll never keep, but the girls always believe him. Edie and Chris had only met on two separate occasions and had one "intimate" night (in her mind). There is no way that she could have real feelings of love for him; it had to be infatuation if anything. Even though it seemed to me that she was settling with the mailman, he was a much better candidate for a husband than Chris would ever be. From the very little information we got about him, I got the feeling that he really cared about her and thought that she was amazing, which is how all men should feel about their women.

No comments:

Post a Comment