Thursday, August 12, 2010

The Dentist


"When Curt Lemon was killed, I found it hard to mourn" (pg 82).


I empathize with O'Brien here. I'm not a very emotional person, so I hardly ever cry. I'll think things are sad, but it takes A LOT for me to actually produce tears. I'll even want to cry to show that I am feeling something, but sometimes I just can't. At my best friend's cousin's funeral I only shed a few tears, even though it killed me to see her family going through this pain. Their house is literally my home away from home. I am there probably just as much as I am at my own house. I understand that O'Brien was not the fondest of Curt Lemon, but if a soldier in your brigade dies, it seems like you would feel really bad about it. He wanted to show remourse, but he just can't. I feel him there.

No comments:

Post a Comment