Thursday, August 12, 2010

Stockings

"In August, he tripped a Bouncing Betty, which failed to detonate. And a week later he got caught in the open during a fierce little firefight, no cover at all, but he just slipped the pantyhose over his nose and breathed deep and let the magic do its work. It turned us into a platoon of believers. You don't dispute facts" (pg 112).




As Michael Scott would say, "I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious." Therefore, I would become a believer too. You really can't fight facts. I think it would be awesome if Henry Dobbins' girlfriend's pantyhose did have magical powers. It goes against science and whatnot, but hey, if it works, it works. I have had good luck charms in my life, and I truly believe that they have helped me. The pantyhose are like a symbol of safety and comfort. They make him feel like he has a reason to live for. I bet every man in that platoon wishes he had a pair of his girlfriend's pantyhose to keep him safe in battle. Who wouldn't want that? (;


1 comment: