Thursday, April 21, 2011

COMPANIONSHIP

"But where are my friends and relations? No father had watched my infant days, no mother had blessed me with smiles and caresses; or if they had, all my past life was now a blot, a blind vacancy in which distinguised nothing" (pg 86).

Saying that the creation desires companionship is an understatement. He takes it upon himself to help the De Lacey's without their knowledge. This shows the true compassion that he feels towards them. He wants nothing more than their approval and protection. He often refers to them as his "protectors," which I never really understood, because they don't even know he's there so there is no way that they are protecting them. He sets up a plan to get the blind man alone, which I believe to be a quite genius idea. Unfortunately when the younger people come home and see the monster with their father, he is immediately rejected AGAIN! Even after their cruelty he goes back for another chance, but they had moved out, because they feel that their father is in danger. This was the breaking point for the creation, and he blamed VICTOR!

No comments:

Post a Comment