Thursday, April 21, 2011

FAITH

"It moved every feeling of wonder and awe, that the picture of an omnipotent God warring with his creatures was capable of exciting. I often referred the several situations, as their similarity struck me, to my own. Like Adam, I was apparently united by no link to any other being in existence; but his state was far different than mine in every other respect" (pg 92).

This allusion to God and Adam further highlights the complexity of the creation's intelligence. Not only is he reading "Paradise Lost," but he is relating it to his life. It is a very true analogy as well; Monster is to Adam, as Victor is to God. It is true that both God and Victor created life, but Victor rejected his creation, while God loved and nurtured his. It truly must be miserable for the moster to be rejected by everyone. Being rejected by one person makes me terribly upset, especially if I care for them as deeply as the monster cared for the De Lacey's. That would have to be terribly heart breaking, so I feel for the monster in this respect. I feel that this sort of rejection can cause people (or monsters) to do crazy things that they normally would not do. He is an unstable emotional state, and, honestly, I feel bad for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment